Delve deeper into yoga nidra and learn how to teach this powerful meditation technique to your students!
The workshop will cover:
- A quick review of the nine steps of yoga nidra as practiced at ISHTA
- Different ways to adapt yoga nidra for privates, asana classes and restorative classes
- Learn and practice two different ways to rotate awareness through the body
- Thirty minute long advanced nidra practice led by Mona
- Q&A Have your questions answered and hear what other teachers have experienced teaching and practicing yoga nidra
This workshop is part of a 4-part Advanced Mentoring Series:
- Friday, September 13th: Advanced Strategies for Teaching Yoga to Beginners with Kelly Eudailey
- Friday, October 25th: A Tantric Interpretation of the Sutras: Explorations in Advanced Topics with Wendy Newton
- Friday, November 22nd: Gaining Insight: Trusting Your Intuition In the Classroom with Sarah Finger
- Friday, December 13th: How to Structure Yoga Nidra with Mona Anand
Bio: Mona Anand grew up in Bombay, India where she was first introduced to yoga in school. She has been studying with Alan Finger since 2002, who has initiated her into the ISHTA lineage as a Yogiraj or Yoga Master. Mona recently released a Yoga Nidra CD for deep relaxation or sleep that is available at ISHTA and also on iTunes. She is a lead trainer in ISHTA’s 200- and 300-Hour advanced teacher training. Mona also designed and co-leads the Restorative / Yoga Nidra specialty teacher trainings. She teaches her signature Yoga Nidra/ Restorative Chakra Workshop series at ISHTA and around New York. Mona currently teaches group classes at ISHTA’s uptown and downtown studios.