Welcome to ISHTA Yoga! We look forward to meeting you and helping you develop your yoga practice.
At ISHTA, you are guaranteed to feel welcome, supported, challenged and safe. Our teachers are trained to look at different bodies and teach individual students with clear and thoughtful instruction. We guide you to honor your limitations and capabilities. Whether you come to ISHTA to de-stress, condition your body, or to recover from an injury or illness, our goal is to help you reach a state of homeostasis in mind, body and spirit.
If you are a beginner to yoga, we encourage you to start in our ISHTA Basics classes. Please feel free to seek the attention of your teacher to let them know what it is you hope to achieve. Once you feel comfortable with the basics, consult your teachers about moving into the next class level. There is nothing we enjoy more then seeing our students progress in their yoga practice.
If you are new to the studio, but are an advanced student, please call the studio or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let our yoga advisor, Donald, direct you to the appropriate advanced classes. All of our managers have been through our Teacher Training programs and are extremely knowledgeable about our classes and staff. Several of them are also teachers!
Things to Know:
- Wear comfortable, form-fitting clothes that you can easily stretch in.
- Do not eat within 2 hours before class. Juice, fruit or a health bar are okay for some quick energy.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. Be sure to sign in at the front desk, and fill out your new student form even if you have registered online.
- New students who have done the introductory special receive a free rental mat for their first yoga class. After that, you may rent one from the front desk for $2, purchase one at our store, or bring your own. Mat storage is available for monthly and annual members at a reduced rate.
- We encourage beginner yoga students to use props to enhance their practice. Blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters are located inside the studios.
- Inform the teacher of any injuries or physical conditions you have in advance. It is our job is to keep you safe!
- Leave your shoes in the cubbies outside the studio. Yoga is generally practiced barefoot to maintain traction on the mat and stimulate the nerves in the soles of the feet.
- To properly develop your yoga practice, we suggest that you attend class 3-4 times a week. Consistent practice is the best way to see results.
- ISHTA Basics and Beginner/Intermediate level classes are most appropriate for new students to yoga.
- If you are new to ISHTA but have an intermediate or advanced practice, please feel free to ask the front desk or yoga advisor about the classes appropriate for you
- Reward yourself and nurture your body with a treatment at our spa as part of your practice. Monthly and annual members receive a discount off any treatment of their choice as part of their package.
For more information, check out our Frequently Asked Questions. If you have other questions or concerns or would like more information about any of our services, please contact our Yoga Advisor, Donald, at (212) 598-4800 or email@example.com.